Habitat ReStore – Northside
Mission and Vision
If you stop to think about it, “home” is probably a word most take for granted. For some, however, home, and the safety and security it entails, can feel like an unattainable dream.
Richmond Habitat for Humanity is committed to making affordable and safe housing a reality for low-income families. And with the help of donations, volunteers, proceeds from our ReStore, and hard work from our home buyers, we’re making that dream possible for hundreds of residents in the Richmond Metropolitan area.
Habitat for Humanity was founded in 1976 as a non-profit, non-proselytizing Christian housing ministry. Since its inception, Habitat has helped build over 400,000 homes for more than 2 million people around the world.
The Richmond Habitat chapter joined the affordable housing effort in 1986. Since then, we’ve built more than 300 homes for deserving families. Along with our partner families, generous volunteers and donors, we have restored the hope and dignity that poverty housing often strips away.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Ensure that Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is a strong and viable organization.
- Expand the human and financial resources available to help build.
- Expand the impact of our services.
- Influence public policy by educating policy makers and implementers.
- Promote the faith community relationships of Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity’s ministry.
1901 Roane Street Richmond, VA
Monday – Saturday 9AM–5:30PM
Sunday – Closed
1201 Mall Drive, Chesterfield, VA
Tuesday – Saturday 9AM–5:30PM